Wednesday 4 January 2012

Crest Whitening Strips

We are such an image conscious society nowadays that you cannot find a beauty salon in the Liverpool area that does not offer botox, fillers, chemical peels and teeth whitening to name but a few. I have myself had my teeth whitened at a beauty salon, which not only didn't work, but according to my dentist, was also very dangerous. In fact, the same salon left my mum with a condition called 'Burning Mouth Syndrome' because they didn't protect her gums during the treatment. However, I simply cannot afford to pay £350 to get my teeth whitened professionally, and if I'm being honest, It's not a treatment that I am in desperate need of. However, I have been recommended the Crest Whitening Strips by a few people now so I thought I would give them a go.

They're fairly cheap; I paid £21 for 28 packs of upper and lower strips. You place the clear, sticky strips onto your teeth and leave it on for 5 minutes. I've done my first packet today and it was really easy. It felt slightly weird to have these plastic strips over my teeth but then they were only on for 5 minutes. I haven't experienced any sensitivity, although some reviews that I have read said that I would so I will let you know if I do once I have been using them for a significant amount of time. I know there are plenty of other alternatives to getting your teeth professionally whitened such as the kits that you can buy from beauty salons, however due to my first bad experience, I think these whitening strips are the best option for me! I'll give it a couple of weeks and then I will let you know if I think that they're making an improvement to the colour of my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment