Wednesday 4 January 2012

HD Brows

Brows are becoming more of a trend now than they have ever been. Sadly however, this trend has created 'The Scouse Brow', a trend which simply encompasses Liverpool's tendency to make everything bigger. In most ways this is a plus, and in fact is one of the things I love most about this city, however I cannot bear this current trend!

Luckily though, not everybody is a fan of this current trend. Naturally, I am quite fair, and so therefore my brows are too. They are also quite sparse and it had been years since I had had them professionally shaped. It is also incredibly difficult to find somebody during this trend, who you can trust to give you a nice shape and not a 'scouse brow'.

I had heard about HD brows through the grapevine a couple of years ago. Only certain salons offer it and the technicians have to specifically trained. It is a 7 step programme which includes tinting, waxing, threading, trimming  and plucking. The video above shows the founder of HD Brows explaining the treatment and effects.

I get mine done by Liz at Skin Deep Salon in Huyton. She is lovely, and my brows have really started to get a nice shape to them. As my brows were particularly bad (they used to grow in every direction possible plus have a very strange gap in them), she said that it might take a couple of treatments before they started to follow the shape that she was creating. I've had them done 3 times now and I go back every 2-3 months to have them reshaped. I pay £25 but I know that some places are cheaper and some more expensive. I think it is important to find somebody that you trust to do them as well.

Here is a before and after picture of my brows the very first time I had them done.



Since this picture, they are more defined and the shape is a lot more noticeable now. I am really pleased with them and would recommend the service to anyone. If you are looking for somebody in your area, the HD Brows website allows you to type in your post code and find somebody in your area that offers the treatment. It can seem quite expensive but when you consider the time and money that it saves in brow pencil I think it is a worthy investment, plus it completely changes the way your face looks. I cannot recommend it enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment