Friday 31 August 2012

Illamasqua Cream Foundation

I love the idea of using a cream foundation. Something that melts like butter into the skin, giving a beautiful healthy sheen on the skin whilst looking like there is barely any product. Unfortunately for me, my oily skin has prevented this. I have tried MAC full coverage, which I have to be honest, I really love, but it's not matte and I do have problems with the oil after a few hours. 

I went into Illamasqua in Liverpool the other day, mainly for a browse and a chat with my friends Paddy and Rachel. Pretty soon, as is the way when 3 make up artists get together, the talk turned to products and which ones they loved from the brand. Rachel had mentioned the cream foundation to me previously but I'm used to working with liquid and dismissed the idea. I instead opted for Rich Liquid because, as you all know, I love a bit of coverage! Paddy however insisted that I try the cream and I loved the feel that it had to it - I barely felt like I was wearing anything! So I put my make up artist discount to good use and got both. I am yet to try the rich liquid, reason being, I am IN LOVE with the cream foundation. It literally takes 2 minutes to apply. I apply it in the same way that I would apply studio tech from MAC (I'm not a massive fan of tech either because the smell makes me feel nauseous and it gives me horrible blackheads for some reason). I spritz my face with MAC fix +, which I feel lubricates the skin and helps the foundation to slide on rather than drag across the skin. Then I buff it all over with a real techniques buffing brush. I did it this morning without actually looking - the colour is so perfect for me. Paddy needs a pat on the back for that one because the colour system is more than confusing! 

The finish is quite matte and it really did last all day without a primer. I have yet to try it with a primer but I'm sure it will only make me love it more. It has great coverage but manages to looks sheer and gives my skin a radiance without being oily. Today was my third day wearing it and my forehead went slightly oily but other than that, I got 12 hour wear on what was a long working day. Also I should mention that I used a translucent powder and a powder puff to set it in place. If you are a fan of GossMakeupArtist on youtube, you will see that this is his method, and it works a treat!

I'm going to use it with a primer and try it on a few different skintypes and then report back but so far...it's a big thumbs up from me :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment