Monday 27 August 2012

The Scouse Brow!

Working as a make up artist in Liverpool, I get to explore a million and one different make up looks, all of which excite me and some of which challenge me. This is one of the things that I love about working in Liverpool, the girls (and some boys) are all very fashion forward, daring and usually willing to try new things. They stay ahead of the trends and aren't afraid to try them out. 

One of the biggest trends of recent years is of course, the 'Scouse Brow'. This style of brow means that you draw the eyebrow in very harshly, usually a lot darker than your natural brow and also a lot thicker. I have also seen a great many that are actually thickest at the very front of the brow, with this part actually being elongated to the point that the two brows almost meet in the middle. I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS TREND. Now being a Liverpool girl myself, I understand that we can sometimes take a trend too far, and I'm not averse to giving the brows a little bit of help, in fact, I'm all for it. But I just don't understand how these girls walk out of the door and believe that their brows look nice. More often than not, they completely take over the face, and take away from the rest of the make up, no matter how beautifully this may be applied. The first thing you see is a set of eyebrows. What saddens me the most is when a girl spends her hard earned cash to have her make up professionally applied and then ruins the whole look by drawing in her eyebrows far too harshly! 

Of course, this is just my opinion and if you think that it looks good, and brings you confidence, then go for it. But as Coco Chanel once said, "always take off the last accessory that you put on", and in this case, I would urge it to be your 'Scouse Brow'.

#TOP TIP! When filling in your brow, softly strengthen the brow from underneath first in a colour that matches your brow perfect and then fill in from the arch. Often, you find that when you strengthen your arch, the brow looks finished and little more needs to be done to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment